Lunette Menstrual Cup - 20% OFF
This item cannot be returned/exchanged. No exceptions!
What is the Lunette menstrual cup?
The Lunette menstrual cup is a reusable menstrual protection product made in Finland. It is an easy-to-use, safe, and hygienic alternative to pads and tampons. By using the cup, you will help protect the environment, save money, and get peace of mind.
Just fold, insert like a tampon and it collects blood rather than absorbs it. You empty it rather than change it — a little bit different.
The Lunette menstrual cup is:
- made of medical-grade silicone in Finland
- latex-free, odorless, and safe
- affordable and environmentally friendly – with proper care it will last for years
- a sanitary and healthy alternative to disposable tampons and pads
- easy-to-use, practical, and comfortable. It needs to be emptied only two to four times a day and can be used overnight
- safe since it is not conducive to dampness, outbreaks of vaginal candidiasis, cystitis or toxic shock syndrome. In fact, TSS has not been linked to the use of menstrual cups
- suitable to be worn during sports and other physical activities
- easy to clean and disinfect between periods by boiling briefly in water or washing with rubbing alcohol
- designed for women of all ages and sizes
- also designed for women who have not yet engaged in sexual intercourse as well as those who use an IUD or contraceptive ring. However, if you are planning on using Lunette together with an IUD, we recommend discussing it with your doctor
- enables you to monitor your flow by providing measuring lines on the inside of the cup (5 ml and 13.5 ml in size 1, 7.5 ml and 15 ml in size 2). The lining of the cup is totally smooth and the tab is flat, making cleaning very easy
- not to be used during post-natal bleeding due to the risk of inflammation
- not disruptive to the natural lubricating ability of the vagina, nor does it dry out the vaginal mucus membrane
The Lunette cup, model 1
Is recommended for light to medium flow or for ladies who have never had sexual intercourse. The diameter is 41 mm (1.6 inches) by 47 mm (1.9 inches). The stem measures 25 mm (1 inch). The volume of the cup is 25 ml (0.85 fl oz). Model 1 is made from softer silicone than model 2.
The Lunette cup, model 2
This cup is our bestseller, it's recommended for medium to heavy flow. The diameter is 46 mm (1.8 inches) by 52 mm (2 inches). The stem measures 20 mm (0.8 inches). The volume of the cup is 30 ml (1.0 fl oz). Made from a firmer silicone than model 1.
Lunette Cynthia is our newest product -- a beautiful violet colored menstrual cup. As one of the names for goddess Artemis, this Greek goddess of the moon, hunt and the night sky was later connected to Selene and Diana. So continues our tradition of using women-honoring, mythological names to differentiate our products. After all, shouldn't a woman get in touch with her inner goddess? Cynthia is an important symbol for young, independent and unmarried woman. In mythology, she is worshipped as a Maiden Goddess. A flower sacred to Cynthia was Amaranth, which has the same deep purple color that inspired us to create this beautiful violet Lunette. This purple color reminds us of the beautiful northern lights that grace the skies above Finland during Winter months.
The Cynthia Lunette comes with an elegant purple satin storage pouch.
Lunette cups are the only colored cups approved by FDA. It is made of the same U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved silicone as our other cups. The color ingredient is also FDA approved, doesn’t contain heavy metals, and is safe to use.